— I asked a series of questions for clarification and so the report required a couple of iterations in the document, which I quite like.
As a reminder for myself, I am copying the items that relate to what comes next below:
We discussed the following, please have a look and analyse in your learning log as part of your critical voice.
- The work of Ed Atkins 2012 show ‘Us Dead Talk Love’ https://chisenhale.org.uk/exhibition/ed-atkins/#5
- Pipilotti Rist ‘Worry will vanish’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhmQd4pW-HE
Pointers for the next assignment (tutor)
- I suggested that you maintain your momentum and approach to subject from this part three into part four, exploring notions of glitches, temporality, installation, intervention, video, audio and interdisciplinarity.
- Consider the successes of your video sketches as a growing part of your visual vocabulary.
- Think about the relation your drawings/video have to a sensorial experience of the world, and how the viewer will be affected by this.
|Strengths||Areas for development|
|Excellent continuing development of cross-disciplinary application of drawing and photography in the use of audio/video||Consider how you might develop your video work, integrating aspects from your creative inventions.|
|Interesting experimental mark-making in relation to the context of the green environment.||Utilise the successful aspects of your process of drawing, consider enlarging or creating temporal drawing in the environment as part of interdisciplinary work.|
|In-depth contextual research and analysis.||Continue to develop your thinking here, incorporating analysis of artists working in video and aspects of drawing ambiguity that are relevant.|